Code of Conduct —
Bargara FC Inc. expects all Players to abide by the Code of Conduct at all times.
- Play by the rules at all times.
- Never argue with the Referee or Official. If you disagree; have your Captain, Coach or Manager approach them during a break, at half time or after the game to ask any necessary questions.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse and sledging other players, deliberately distracting, deliberately fouling or provoking an opponent is not acceptable behaviour and is not permitted in any sport.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you would like to be treated.
- Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any player.
- Participate for your own enjoyment, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Play for the fun and “love of the game”, while improving your skills and feel good about yourself.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team – your team’s performance will benefit and so will your own.
- Applaud all good play whether by your team or by your opponent’s team.
- Co-operate with your coach, team-mates and opponents. Without them, there would be no game.
- Be polite, considerate and well-mannered at all times, as your behaviour reflects on the rest of your team and the soccer community.
- Remember to be a “good sport”.
- Don’t be a bully.
Players need to understand that if they do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by the Committee. You may:
- Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team and the referee
- Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
- Be dropped or substituted
- Be suspended from training
- Be required to serve a suspension
- Be required to leave the club.